The annual Spartacus Gay Travel Index, which informs travellers about the situation of lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders in 197 countries and regions around the world, has revealed interesting results this year.
Thanks to improvements in law for trans- and intersexuals as well as initiatives against hate crime, Portugal has managed to rise up from the 27th position to share the first rank with Denmark and Canada.
Top LGBT-friendly countries according to the Spartacus Gay Travel Index 2019
- Canada, Portugal, Sweden
- Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Reunion Island, Spain, United Kingdom
- France, Gibraltar, Greenland, Ireland, Switzerland, Uruguay
- Colombia, French Polynesia, Germany, Israel, New Caledonia
- Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Slovenia, South Africa
- Czech Republic, Estonia, Guam, Puerto Rico
- Liechtenstein, Slovakia
- Bolivia, Ecuador, Italy
- Mozambique, Nepal, Taiwan
- Bermuda, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Macau, Seychelles, Thailand, US
The complete list is available here.